I've completed a new bride and groom set. This pair was a challenge piece for me. I wanted to see what I could do. How far I could push my skills. I especially wanted to try making a veil for a bride, which I was pretty sure would fail (and by fail, I mean, look really stupid and awful), and wanted to find a way to make facial hair for the men.
Now, I don't make faces on my dolls. I never have (except for the dolls I've made for my daughter, who insisted on eyes and a mouth). I don't like them, preferring to have the faces be neutral and left up to your own imagination. A beard though, or a mustache, really makes a face. I've avoided that center hole, which is formed by the needle tool at the center of a paper roll, being the NOSE. I don't even think it's in quite the right spot to be a nose. But facial hair demands that those things like a mouth and nose, be defined. So it was a challenge!
But I'm really pleased with how both elements turned out. They're a beautiful pair and I learned SO much in creating them.